Lea O'Keefe, MPA, PA-C
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham: 2013
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Gastroenterology, Surgery, Esophageal Manometry
Lea O'Keefe received her Master of Physician Assistant Degree from Duquesne University in 2002. She has worked clinically in surgery and gastroenterology since graduating. Lea was a part-time clinical coordinator at Chatham University from 2006-2007. She rejoined Chatham in 2013 as faculty and clinical coordinator for the Physician Assistant program. In April 2019, Lea accepted the position as Associate Director of Clinical Education for Chatham’s Physician Assistant Program.
- Bachelor of Health Science, Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2001
- Master of Physician Assistant, Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) 2002
- Occult Perineal Endometrioma: Diagnosis by Endoanal Ultrasound and Treatment by Excision. McCormick et al. Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 2007 Aug: 52 (8): 733-6.
- Genomic Heterogeneity as a Barrier to Precision Medicine in Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma. Pectasides, E et. al Cancer Discov January 1 2018 8 (1) 37-48; DOI:10.1158/2159-8290.CD-17-0395
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Expansion of Training to Non-Physician Healthcare Graduate Students: Counseling Psychology, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. Bucey et al. Substance Abuse, 2019 Dec.