Chatham University

International Affairs

Health Information Non Degree Students

Health Records

Students at Chatham University are required to submit immunization and meningitis, and health forms. The university has required immunizations. It can be expensive to get these immunizations in the U.S. We recommend that you receive all your immunizations before coming to the U.S. If you have questions about these forms and the required immunizations, please contact the Health Services Office at

Health Insurance

All non degree students are required to have insurance. Students may choose the university insurance or select their own insurance plan. J-1 students must have insurance that meets the U.S. State Department requirements.

The U.S. does not have national health care. Medical care in the U.S. can be very expensive. A visit to the doctor can cost $100 or more. To help with the high cost of health care, people purchase a health insurance plan.

The university insurance policy is being updated for fall.

Students who do not want the university insurance must waive out (cancel the university insurance) at the beginning of semester.  Students must have their own insurance before canceling the university insurance.

Please contact, Vivian Yamoah at or +1 412 365 1267 with questions about waiving out of the student health insurance.