Master of Science in Counseling Psychology (MSCP) Admission Requirements
There are two kinds of admission to the MSCP program – regular admission for students who already have a bachelors or above degree, and accelerated for Chatham undergraduate students wanting to enter the Integrated Degree Program.
Regular AdmissionApplicants to the MSCP program must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions for review:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completion of introductory level course in psychology
- Completed application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from previous faculty or employers
- Free online application at http://apply.chatham.edu/graduate
- Paper applications require payment of $45 non-refundable application fee
Application deadline for SPRING entry: November 1
Application deadline for FALL entry: June 1*
*Rolling admission for Fall entry until August 1
Applicants will be informed by the Office of Admissions about whether or not they have been accepted into the MSCP program.
Integrated Degree Program Admission
(For Chatham College undergraduates only)This program gives qualified undergraduate women the opportunity to complete the MSCP degree in an accelerated fashion. Students have the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree in the major of their choice along with the master’s degree in Counseling Psychology in five years. The accelerated masters program requires a demanding undergraduate load for three years, followed by four semesters of full-time graduate study. Students need to consult their advisors early in their academic career for guidance in developing an appropriate undergraduate course of study. The following are requirements for admission to the Integrated Degree Program:
- Junior Status: typically a student will submit a completed Integrated Degree Program application form at the end of the fall term of his or her Junior year.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of all general education requirements except the Tutorial
- Completion of introductory level courses in psychology
- Transfer students must have completed 33 credit hours at Chatham University over a minimum of two consecutive semesters
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two from work or volunteer experiences outside of Chatham
Specific Conditions for Integrated Degree Program
Students must complete a minimum of 102 undergraduate credits, including all general education and major requirements, except Tutorial, and fulfill the prerequisite for the Master of Science in Counseling Psychology program before entering the program.