Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Practice in an ethical, legal, safe, professional, and effective manner
- Screen individuals to determine the need for physical therapy and/or referral to other health care professionals.
- Efficiently examine a patient.
- Determine the physical therapy diagnosis.
- Design a comprehensive physical therapy plan of care.
- Manage a comprehensive plan of care based on examination results.
- Demonstrate effective written, oral, and nonverbal communication with patients and their caregivers, colleagues, other health providers, and the public
- Apply principles of management in the provision of physical therapy to individuals, organizations, and communities
- Apply concepts of teaching and learning theories in designing, implementing, and evaluating learning experiences used in the education of patients, students, colleagues, and the community
- Apply the basic principles of evidence-based practice
- Develop personal and professional self-assessment skills and formulate/implement a career development plan