Environmental Science Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the major, students will be able to:
- Write well on exams, short papers, and long papers.
- Make oral reports of varying lengths, either alone or as part of a team.
- Exhibit critical thinking when reading texts, lecture supplements, and other materials.
- Prepare a literature review and a bibliography on an environmental topic.
- Obtain relevant information from primary sources in a library or online.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the broad core of environmental studies and science.
- Use ethical scientific methods in obtaining and evaluating environmental data.
- Demonstrate proper methods in the design and conduct of research.