Political Science Faculty and Staff
Assistant Professor/Assistant Director Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics
Hometown : Plymouth, Michigan
Joined Chatham : 2013
Academic Areas of Interest
women in politics, American governmental institutions, political participation, West African politics
- “Is Participation Decline Inevitable as Generations Age? Insights from African-American Elders” with Mary Herring, Lisa J. Ficker, Cathy Lysack, Marc W. Kruman, and Peter A. Lichtenberg. In Richard Marback (Ed): Generations: Rethinking Age and Citizenship. Wayne State University Press. 2013.
- Women's Rights in the United States: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Issues, Events, and People. Tiffany Wayne, Ed. ABC-CLIO: Santa Barbara, CA. Contributing Author.
- “The Road to Good Governance: Via the Path Less Accountable?The Effectiveness of Fiscal Accountability in Liberia” with Kelly Krawczyk. International Journal of Public Administration
- “The Effectiveness of Voice and Accountability Mechanisms as Strategies for Good Governance: A New Institutionalism Approach to Explaining Local Political Participation in West Africa” co-authored with Kelly Krawczyk. International Review of Administrative Sciences. Forthcoming.
- “FMLA in PA: Analysis of Family and Medical Leave Policy in The State” Commonwealth. November 2015.