Mark Haney, Ph.D.
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Data Science, Statistical Literacy, Supply Chain Management
Mark enjoys teaching courses in programming, statistics, data science and information systems at Chatham, where he is the coordinator for the Management Information Systems and Applied Data Science Analytics majors. Mark has also taught at Robert Morris University and Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Prior to his doctoral work, Mark spent several years as a programmer/analyst and applications developer, primarily in the financial services industry.
- Ph.D., Management Information Systems, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 2009
- MBA, Finance Concentration, Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH), 1998
- MA, Chinese Language and Literature, Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), 1995
- BA, Double majors in Economics and Chinese, Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), 1991
- Robert Morris University School of Business Teaching Excellence Award, 2016-2017
- International Conference on Information Systems Doctoral Consortium Participant (2008)
- Weatherhead School of Management Dean’s Scholar – Full scholarship for MBA studies (Fall 1996 – Spring 1998)
- U.S. Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship (FLAS) – Chinese studies (1994 - 1995)
- Republic of China Scholarship for Chinese Language Studies – Full scholarship and stipend for one year of Chinese language study in Taiwan, ROC (1991)
- Ohio State University East Asian Languages and Literature Department Chinese Language Scholarship (1990 – 1991)
- “The effect of task conflict on outsourcers’ long-term orientation toward suppliers; the moderating role of formal control and Chinese guanxi,” Li, S., Haney, M.H., Lee, G., Kang, M., and Ko, C. (2019). Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing 35 (2), 260-269. https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-03-2018-0098.
- “The effect of ethical leadership on purchasers’ unethical behavior in China: The moderating role of ethical ideology,” Ko, C., Ma, J., Kang, M., Haney, M.H., Bartnik, R., Hwang, D.W., and Lee, D.Y. (2019). Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management 25 (4) October 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pursup.2019.01.002.
- “Effects of ethical leadership and formal control systems on employee opportunistic behavior in China,” Ko, C., Haney, M.H., and Lee, G. (2018). Benchmarking: An International Journal 25 (5), 1350-1362.
- “Supply chain integration and coordination for international sourcing in the context of China’s processing trade,” Kang, M., Park, K., Yang, M. G., and Haney, M. H. (2018). Industrial Management & Data Systems 118 (9), 1730-1748.
- “Ethical leadership: An integrative review and future research agenda,” Ko, C., Ma, J., Bartnik R., Haney, M.H., and Kang, M. (2018). Ethics & Behavior 28 (2), 104-132.
- “The impact of formal control and guanxi on task conflict in outsourcing relationships in China,” Lee, G., Shin, G., Haney, M.H., Kang, M., Li, S., and Ko, C. (2017). Industrial Marketing Management 62, 128-136.
- “Managing dependency in China outsourcing relationships,” Li, S., Lee, G., Hong, P., Haney, M.H., and Kang, M. (2017). Production Planning & Control 28 (6-8), 489-499.
- “What You Do Know Can Hurt You: An Instructional Case Requiring Application of Professional Standards to an Ethical Dilemma Facing an Auditor and Tax Preparer,” Hess, D.J., Haney, M.H., and MacPhail, C.S. (2017). Current Issues in Auditing 11 (1), I1-I9.
- “The effect of supplier development on outsourcing performance: The mediating roles of opportunism and flexibility,” Li, S., Kang, M., and Haney, M.H. (2017). Production Planning & Control 28 (6-8), 599-609.
- “Network Building Strategy and Adaptation to New Models of Commerce: An Analysis of Japan’s Trucking Industry,” Sugie, R., Park, K., Haney, M., and Park, Y.W. (2017). Perspectives on Global Development and Technology 16 (5), 539-563.
- “Teaching the Concept of Investment Risk through Spreadsheet Monte Carlo Simulations,” Haney, Mark H. (2016). Journal of the Academy of Business Education 17, Winter2016, 236-256.
- “How ethical leadership cultivates healthy guanxi to enhance OCB in China,” Ko, C., Ma, J., Kang, M., English, A.S., and Haney, M.H. (2016). Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources 55 (4), 408-429.
- “A Spreadsheet Simulation to Teach Concepts of Sampling Distributions and the Central Limit Theorem,” Haney, M.H. (2015). Spreadsheets in Education (eJSIE), 8 (3).
- “What are Spreadsheet Skills and How Should Business School Students Be Learning Them,” Haney, Mark H., published in the Proceedings of the 2014 Society for Advancement of Management (SAM) International Business Conference, 2014.
- “Investigating the Academic Motivation of Undergraduate Business Students,” Haney, Mark H., published in the Proceedings of the 2013 Society for Advancement of Management (SAM) International Business Conference, 2013.
- “Investigating the Antecedents of Team-Based Clan Control: Adding Social Capital as a Predictor,” Kirsch, L.J., Ko, D.G., and Haney, M.H. (2010). Organization Science, Volume 21 Issue 2, March/April 2010, 469-489.
- “Method Effects in IS Survey Research: An Assessment and Recommendations,” King, W.R., Liu, C.Z., Haney, M.H., and He, J. (2007). Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 20 Article 30, October 2007.
- “Requirements Determination for Common Systems: Turning a Global Vision into a Local Reality,” Kirsch, L.J. and Haney, M.H. (2006). Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 15:2, June 2006, 79-104.