Chatham University

Military & Veteran Students

American Flag

Chatham University is honored to have the opportunity to serve those who have served in all military capacities. Outlined below is information regarding the admissions process. Please let us assist you in furthering your education. Thank you for serving our country!

Applying to Chatham

  • Step 1: Apply for the Post 9-11 GI Bill®
    GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at
  • Step 2: Apply to Chatham University
    • Fill out the Undergraduate Application
    • Submit at least one letter of recommendation (Form - PDF)
    • Submit official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you've attended
    • Official high school transcripts*
    • SAT (Chatham code: 2081) or ACT (Chatham Code: 3538) scores*
    *Transfer students with more than 24 transferrable credits do not need to provide their official high school transcript or test scores.
  • Step 3: Request your Service Transcript
  • Step 4: Complete the FAFSA

Did you know?

  • You could earn college credit from you military training through Prior Learning Assessment Program. This program can speed your time to graduation, saving you time and money.
  • Many Chatham courses are offered online and on evenings and weekends.
  • The Dean of Students and Office of Student Affairs sends out regular e-communication and activities specific for military students.
  • All members of the Counseling Services staff and interns have completed a veteran specific online training course.

Make the Move to Chatham

Make an appointment to meet our veteran's admissions counselor! Call 412.365.1825 today to schedule your visit.

During your visit you will:
  • Meet with your admissions counselor
  • Learn more about majors offered at Chatham
  • Review curriculums and discuss transfer credits
  • Find out about Chatham's costs
  • Help navigate the GI Bill Benefits process
  • Discuss Yellow Ribbon Program Scholarship

Student Deployment Policy
When a student in the Reserves or in the National Guard is called to active duty, the student must notify the Program Director and provide proof of deployment prior to being deployed. The proof may be faxed, mailed, or hand-carried to the Program Director and forwarded to the office of the Dean, who will then forward it to the Registrar. Proof may take the form of general orders cut by the company commander. When a student is activated during the term, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounts policies will take effect. Please contact these three offices for specific information. If a student is called to active duty near the end of the term, the student and faculty members may determine that incomplete (I) grades are more appropriate. In this case, tuition will not be waived. For more information connect with the Office of Academic Affairs or connect with your college dean.