Preferred Lender Criteria
Chatham University has established a Preferred Lender List to help students and parents choose a lender that is committed to high levels of customer service as
well as providing outstanding borrower benefits to students and parents.
The lenders are evaluated in the following areas:
- Does lender provide solid customer service to borrowers as well as providing areas for student self-service?
- What is the quality of the call center, default prevention services?
- Do borrowers have access to their loan information and are able to perform tasks via the lender website?
- Does the lender provide electronic funds transfer or utilize other electronic initiatives?
- Do lenders include a variety of repayment benefits to suit the different repayment needs of our students/parents?
- What role does the lender play in the loan borrowing and repayment cycle?
- Does the lender sell the loan?
- If loan are not serviced or originated by the lender, or if loans are sold, is the transition seamless to the borrower?
- Is the lender familiar and supportive of Chatham University’s loan process?
- Are they able to extend the familiarity of our loan processes to customer call centers to provide accurate information to students/parents?
- Does the lender representative promptly respond to borrower issues?