Graduate Admission Requirements for International Students
Deadlines and admission requirements vary per program. Please review the Graduate Academic Program Requirements page to ensure you submit the necessary materials and meet program deadlines for admission.
The following documents are required in order to complete the application:
- Completed Graduate Student Application for Admission https://www.chatham.edu/apply/ Students applying to the Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Master of Occupational Therapy, or Doctor of Physical Therapy must apply using the Centralized Application System (CAS). See the graduate Academic Program Requirements page for more information.
- All official postsecondary transcripts, mark sheets, and degree conferrals. Original transcripts and official English translations are required for non-English institutions. Professional credential evaluation may be required for non-U.S. postsecondary academic records.
- Copy of passport photo page (with identification information)
- Copy of immigration documents if living in the U.S.
- Official test scores - TOEFL or IELTS (Chatham code: 2081) with minimum test scores of 550 pBT, 79 iBT, 6.5 IELTS
- Application requirements are outlined by each program. SeeAcademic Program Requirements page for details.
- Official bank statement, signed bank letter or financial guarantee verifying sufficient funds to cover the full cost of the first year of education at Chatham University.
Transcript Evaluation Policy
Applicants are required to have their transcripts evaluated by WES, a foreign credential evaluation service. Any costs incurred for the professional evaluation are the responsibility of the applicant.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Students who have graduated from a baccalaureate or master's program in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (not including Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, Australia or an English-speaking Caribbean island country are exempt from submitting English Language Proficiency requirements. All other international applicants whose first language is not English must meet one of the following language proficiency requirements for regular admission to Chatham University. Select programs require higher minimum language proficiency test scores than listed below.Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Internet-based test: score of 79
- Paper-based test: score of 550
- Score of 6.5 or higher
Conditional Admission based on Language Proficiency
Students with acceptable academic credentials who do not meet language proficiency requirements may be admitted under conditional admission through the English Language Program. All conditionally admitted students are required to take an English placement exam upon arrival and may be required to take supplemental courses.
|6.0||71-79||525-547||Advanced (100-level courses)|