Chatham University

Undergraduate Admissions Procedures for International Transfer Students

Students who have attended accredited colleges and universities may apply as transfer students.

Before you can be considered for transfer admission, you must submit all of the following documents to our office:

  • Complete Chatham University's application free of charge via the Common Application
  • Admissions essay
  • All official secondary and postsecondary academic records. Credential evaluation required for non-U.S. postsecondary academic records. Secondary school records are not required if applicant will complete 24 credits before matriculation.
  • Proof of English Proficiency
    • Official test scores - TOEFL or IELTS (Chatham code: 2081) with minimum test scores of 550 TOEFL PBT, 79 TOEFL iBT or 6.5 IELTS
    • Completion of  24 credits or more at universities in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (not including Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, Australia or an English-speaking Caribbean island before matriculation at Chatham.
  • One letter of recommendation Copy of passport page (with identification information)
  • Copy of immigration documents (if currently living in the United States)
  • Proof of financial support (official bank statement, signed bank letter or financial guarantee indicating enough funds to cover the first year of education at Chatham).

Applications are accepted throughout the year (rolling admissions). To be considered for Chatham international student scholarships and grants, however, students should apply by March 15 for the fall term and by November 1 for the spring term. Limited scholarships are available after the priority deadline.

Accepted students who plan to enroll must pay the $150 tuition and $150 housing deposits. Click here to make a deposit.

All students are required to take an English placement exam upon arrival and may be required to take supplemental courses. Supplemental courses, including English for Academic Purposes classes will count toward graduation requirements.

Students who do not meet minimum English language proficiency requirements may apply to the English Language Program or apply for conditional admission.

Please visit our Office of International Affairs page for more information for International Students.

Transfer Transcript Evaluation Policy

International credentials from an educational system other than the United States must be evaluated by a foreign credential evaluator who is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The Office of Admission maintains a listing of the approved evaluation agencies. The admissions decision and transfer evaluation require official transcripts, translations and professional evaluation. The cost of the professional evaluation is the responsibility of the applicant.

Click here for a list of approved international credential evaluation services.