Undergraduate Tuition & Fees
Undergraduate programs are charged on a full-time or part-time basis. To be considered a full-time student for purposes of determining charges and full-time eligibility for financial aid, a student must be enrolled for 12 credits in the fall term, at least 12 credits for the combined Maymester-Spring terms and 12 credits in summer terms.
Tuition & Fees 2017-18
- Full time (12-21* credits): $17,610 per term
- Part time (1-11 credits): $854 per credit
* More than 21 credits is considered a financial overload and will be billed at an additional $854/credit. Course audits are billed at the same rate as regular tuition.
- Multiple Occupancy Room (Double, Triple or Quad): $2,635 - $2,910 per term
- Single Room: $2,635 - $3,195 per term
- Apartment (for Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors only): $2,415 per term
- Orchard Hall, Eden Hall Campus (for Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors only): $1,350 (single room) - $1,425 (single room, 2-person suite) per term. Undergraduate residents are required to purchase the Chatham Eden Hall Meal Plan.
* Certain housing options are billed at a premium. Please refer to the Office of Residence Life for exact charges based on residence hall and room option selected.
Residence Hall Meal Plans
- Chatham Platinum: Unlimited meals, $35 Flex Dollars: $2,940 per term
- Chatham Gold: 19 meals/week, $65 Flex Dollars: $2,785 per term
- Chatham Silver: 14 meals/week, $120 Flex Dollars: $2,785 per term
- Chatham Bronze: 10 meals/week, $230 Flex Dollars: $2,785 per term
- Chatham Steel: 200 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $2,255 per term
Apartment & Commuter Meal Plans(Required for all students in Chatham and Chung Apartments)
- Cougar Platinum: 5 meals/week, $230 Flex Dollars: $1,215 per term
- Cougar Gold: 100 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $1,215 per term
- Cougar Silver: 50 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $760 per term
- Cougar Bronze: 25 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $505 per term
Students can change their meal plan option through the end of the add/drop period. The last day of add/drop is stated in the University academic calendar. Any unused portion of a meal plan at the end of the term is forfeited. Any unused flex dollars are forfeited at the end of the academic year.
Eden Hall Meal Plans
- Anytime Plan, unlimited meal accesses, $60 Flex Dollars; $2,125 per term
Eden Hall - Anytime access plans provide continuous access to the Eden Hall Dining Commons â€“ enter and exit the Dining Commons as frequently as you'd like and eat as many meals as you'd like. Flex dollars roll over fall semester to spring semester but not academic year to academic year. Flex dollars can be used at any Chatham dining facility; Shadyside, Eastside Café, Café Rachel, Eden Hall Dining Commons or The Dairy Barn Café.
Additional Fees 2017-18 Academic Year
- College Fee: $240 per term
- Technology Fee: $405 per term
- Student Health Insurance: $1,400 per term
All full-time students are required to have health insurance coverage. Full-time students who wish to enroll in the Chatham University Student Health Insurance Plan can do so online at my.chatham.edu. A charge of $1,400 will be billed automatically.
* This is a list of the most common miscellaneous fees associated with enrollment at Chatham University. Some courses and activities may require additional fees not listed here.
For further information regarding tuition and fees, placement and rotation charges, financial policies and procedures, the institutional refund policy, and other important information, please reference the current University catalog.
Late Registration Policy
Any current student who registers after the designated open registration period each semester will be assessed a $150 Late Registration Fee. This is a non-refundable fee added to the student’s term invoice.
Financial Clearance Policy
Any pre-registered student will be responsible to make payment arrangements and financially clear by the published tuition due date each semester. Students who do not financially clear by the published tuition due date will be assessed a $150 Late Financial Clearance Fee. This is a non-refundable fee added to the student’s balance.