Tuition & Fees
+ 2017-2018 Estimated Costs
Below is an estimate of list costs (without financial aid discounts) for a student who lives on campus and a student who commutes to classes on campus. Final totals will be dependent on each student's financial aid package, room and board preferences, applicable fees, and health insurance needs.
Tuition/Fees Resident Student
Tuition Flat Rate
(12-21 credits per term)
$35,220 $35,220 Mandatory Fees $1,290 $1,290 Tuition & Fees Sub-Total $36,510 $36,510 Room & Board* Room
$5,270-$5,820 N/A Meal Plan (Unlimited meals) $5,880 Optional Room & Board Sub-Total $11,150-$11,700 N/A
i Did you know? Depending on a student's financial aid package, scholarships and grant aid can significantly reduce the listed tuition price above. Be sure to speak with your admission counselor and Office of Financial Aid to see what financial aid you may qualify for.
* Your amounts will vary depending on your room and meal plan choices. See all options below.
+ 2017-2018 Room and Meal Plan Options
- Multiple Occupancy Room (Double, Triple or Quad): $2,635 - $2,910 per term
- Single Room: $2,635 - $3,195 per term
- Apartment (for Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors only): $2,415 per term
- Orchard Hall, Eden Hall Campus (for Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors only): $1,350 (single room) - $1,425 (single room, 2-person suite) per term. Undergraduate residents are required to purchase the Chatham Eden Hall Meal Plan.
* Certain housing options are billed at a premium. Please refer to the Office of Residence Life for exact charges based on residence hall and room option selected.
Residence Hall Meal Plans
- Chatham Platinum: Unlimited meals, $35 Flex Dollars: $2,940 per term
- Chatham Gold: 19 meals/week, $65 Flex Dollars: $2,785 per term
- Chatham Silver: 14 meals/week, $120 Flex Dollars: $2,785 per term
- Chatham Bronze: 10 meals/week, $230 Flex Dollars: $2,785 per term
- Chatham Steel: 200 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $2,255 per term
Apartment and Commuter Meal Plans
(Required for all students in Chatham and Chung Apartments)
- Cougar Platinum: 5 meals/week, $230 Flex Dollars: $1,215 per term
- Cougar Gold: 100 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $1,215 per term
- Cougar Silver: 50 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $760 per term
- Cougar Bronze: 25 meals, $210 Flex Dollars: $505 per term
Students can change their meal plan option through the end of the add/drop period. The last day of add/drop is stated in the University academic calendar. Any unused portion of a meal plan at the end of the term is forfeited. Any unused flex dollars are forfeited at the end of the academic year.
Eden Hall Meal Plan
- Anytime Plan, unlimited meal accesses, $60 Flex Dollars; $2,125 per term
Eden Hall - Anytime access plans provide continuous access to the Eden Hall Dining Commons. Enter and exit the Dining Commons as frequently as you'd like and eat as many meals as you'd like. Flex dollars roll over fall semester to spring semester but not academic year to academic year. Flex dollars can be used at any Chatham dining facility; Shadyside, Eastside Café, Café Rachel, Eden Hall Dining Commons or the Anne Mallinson Café.
+ 2017-2018 Fee Details
Laboratory and Course Fees
Applied Art Fee $75 per course Applied Digital Art Fee $100 per course Applied Music Fee $600 per term/one-hour lesson per week Applied Music Fee $300 per term/half-hour lesson per week Field Placement Fee $75 per course Photography Course Fee $75 per course Science Laboratory Fee $75 per course Simulation Fee Varies Student Teacher Placement Fee $525
Admission Application Fee $35 per application College Fee $240 per term Chatham Abroad Administrative Fee Varies Collection Fee Varies Computing Fee $100 Graduation Fee $100 per degree Health Services/Medical Professional Fee Varies Late Add/Drop Fee $50 per course Late Financial Clearance Fee $150 per term Late Payment Fee $150 per term Late Registration Fee $150 per term Liability Insurance Fee $20 per term Replacement ID Card Fee $25 per card Returned Payment Fee $50 per check Student Health Insurance Policy $890.00 per term