Student Alumni Association (SAA)
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) at Chatham University is a student organization that works in partnership with the Office of Alumni Relations, Student Affairs and the Alumni Association to enhance the student experience by connecting students to one another, alumni and the University. The SAA is dedicated to engaging students and assisting them in their journey to graduation and beyond.
SAA members plan and participate in social, career-oriented and school unifying events. These events offer students valuable opportunities to make new friends, develop civic, service, and leadership skills, network with alumni and become involved on campus.
Benefits for SAA members:
- Opportunities to network with Chatham Alumni
- Opportunity to win the Susan Black Elwell Student Alumni Award
- Free admission to SAA events
- Student volunteer opportunities
- Invitations to exclusive alumni events
- Opportunities to enhance skills in program planning and implementation, working in teams, interpersonal and communication skills
- Student Alumni Association T-shirt
Why You Should Join:
- Connects student with alumni and alumni with students
The Alumni Association is all about making connections and SAA can help you do just that.
- Enhance personal and leadership skills
Whether you’re a first-year student looking for ways to become involved on campus, a senior looking for networking opportunities or ways to further develop your leadership skills, SAA can help you!
- Enjoy community involvement through volunteerism
Some of your most important learning will occur outside the classroom, and we encourage you to always challenge yourself to grow as a member of the Chatham University community.
- Celebrates the University legacy by promoting tradition
SAA helps students build a lifelong connection with their alma mater. Campus involvement is one of the best ways to become a part of Chatham University. SAA can help you build deep connections that will make this university always feel like home.
- Learn about the importance of giving back to your alma mater and help your fellow students through raising funds for scholarships through Chatham's Annual Fund.
You’ll have an opportunity to help with events and programs alongside Chatham’s Annual Fund Team while developing important communication and leadership skills.
- Attend meetings once a month
- Introduce, coordinate, and attend events that enhance students’ experiences at Chatham and connect students with alumni
2015-2016 Executive Board Officers
Christina Sahovey, Class of 2011
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Dana is the liaison between the Student Alumni Association and the Chatham University Alumni Association and will facilitate communications between the two groups.