If you are interested in volunteering with the CFFA please email email@example.com
05 Empty Bowls Hunger Banquet
12:00 PMREGISTER HERE!
Each semester Chatham University community members come together for a day of service known as University Community Service Day. This endeavor is a campus-wide day of service where we volunteer at a variety of agencies in the surrounding Pittsburgh area. In an effort to focus this endeavor, the Office of Student Affairs at Chatham is hosting our first Empty Bowls Hunger Banquet as a part of National Hunger Awareness Month in April. This event will serve as a recognized effort to eliminate hunger inequality in our communities. Throughout the year we’ve had students, faculty, staff, families and community members come together to craft clay bowls which will be used to facilitate this meal. Each bowl is representative of the amount of food a homeless individual receives in a day.
The event will take place at Noon on Saturday, April 5, at the Eden Hall Campus. All students, faculty, staff and families will enjoy a meal from the Eden Hall gardens and farm while impacting the needs of others in our communities.
Cost is $15.00 if registered ahead of time and $20.00 at the door. All donations will go to the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank.
For more information contact the Office of Student Affairs, Student Activities at 412.365.1527 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chatham Family and Friends Association (CFFA) is a volunteer organization that promotes goodwill and communication between the University and among parents and families of Chatham students. The association goals are to provide leadership and organizational opportunities to family members interested in implementing programs and activities on behalf of CFFA, update family members about the University and to engage family members in activities that will enhance students’ experience and heighten the educational experience, reputation, and future of the University.
As a family member of a Chatham University undergraduate student you are automatically a member of CFFA. You are an important part of our University community and we welcome your involvement here on campus. We are looking for your leadership, enthusiasm and participation in establishing and enhancing the association.
You can support the CFFA in one of two ways;
- Serve on the Executive Committee
Positions for the Executive Committee will be established based on family members’ interest and growth of the association
- Serve as a general member of the organization
The Office of Student Affairs serves as the CFFA’s University partner in sponsoring all CFFA meetings, orientation, Family & Friends weekend and other events on campus as well as providing administrative support at CFFA meetings. The staff members in the Office of Student Affairs are the first points of contact for any family members of a Chatham University student.
Executive Committee Members serves the CFFA in the following manner but not limited to:
- Attend and participate in leadership and organizational meetings scheduled throughout the academic year
- Representing families of students by;
- Recommending, planning and implementing activities for parents and families
- Providing feedback regarding family focused initiatives
- Represent and advocate for the issues, concerns, and proposals of other Chatham families
- Communicate with other family members regarding meeting updates and upcoming events
- Provide and develop the direction and growth of the CFFA at Chatham University
- Participate as a general member of the association
General Members serve CFFA in the following manner but are not limited to:
- Assist new Chatham family members by participating in events
- Support Chatham Athletics and assist with game events
- Provide assistance for fundraising events and campaigns
- Provide an internship or job opportunity for a Chatham undergraduate student
- Host international or out-of-state students for holiday dinners
- Participate and volunteer during Family & Friends Weekend in October
- Be a contributing writer for the monthly Family & Friends newsletter
- Give to the annual fund