Finding an Internship
Every year over 170 Chatham students do internships. They do them here in Pittsburgh, in other cities, and even in other countries. How do they find them? Here are just a few ideas:
- On ChathamCareerLink, Chatham’s on-line job and internship posting database where you can search for internships by keyword. This resource is updated daily.
- Through your academic advisor who will have a good sense of what kind of experiential learning you should be seeking and may have ideas that relate to your major or your career interests.
- By talking with a career consultant in the Career Development Office, because they know where students have interned in the past and which internship sites are currently seeking interns.
- Through friends and classmates who can be great sources of information about internships because sites often seek recommendations of future interns from current interns!
- Through faculty and family members because they have connections in the community that you may not be aware of but which might offer you exactly the opportunity you are seeking.
- Through weekly internship E-blasts, featuring new internships posted in the past week on ChathamCareerLink.
- By attending networking events and internship fairs on and off campus. Studies show that 80% of internships and jobs are landed through networking!
- Through volunteering in community organizations and hospitals. A volunteer position may lead to an internship within the same department or with a different department. You may also secure an internship outside of the organization through the connections you’ve made during your volunteer experience.
Need further aid and guidance with your search? Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our career consultants!