Nursing Faculty and Staff
Jennifer J. Wasco, DNP, RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Practice Experience Coordinator
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 2013
Academic Areas of Interest
Process Improvement, Project Management, Educational Affiliation Agreements, Client Satisfaction, Service Excellence, Patient Experience, Patient Empowerment, Student Engagement, Preceptor Engagement, Nurse Engagement in Climate Change, Climate Change/Impact on Health and Wellness
Personal Areas of Interest
Decorating, Entertaining, Travel
Personal Website : Visit Website
Jennifer J. Wasco is the practice experience coordinator for the nursing programs at Chatham University. She is a doctorally-prepared registered nurse with over 24 years of experience. Dr. Wasco has practiced in various healthcare arenas including hematology/oncology, bone marrow transplant, medical device and IT sales, continuing nursing education, strategic planning and patient engagement. She is prepared in the areas of continuing education, process improvement, project management, and in the deployment of new healthcare technologies and innovations. Her experience and expertise result in improved service and quality, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes. Most recently, she was celebrated as an honorable mention by Pittsburgh Magazine in the category of academia for nursing excellence (2016).
- DNP, Nursing, Chatham University, 2015
- MSN, Nursing, Waynesburg University, 2011
- BSN, Nursing, Clarion University, 2004
- Diploma, Nursing, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital School of Nursing, 1993
- Wasco, J. (2017). Don’t go Viral: An Evidence-Based Practice Project for Increasing Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Rates on College Campus. Building Healthy Academic Communities Journal, 1(1), 42-51.
- Hopkins, E., Robb, M., Fisher, M., Slade, J., Wasco, J., Spadaro, K., and Doas, M. (2016). Honor society membership retention strategies: Promoting membership Benefits from induction through transition to professional practice. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 6(12), 18-23.
- Wasco, J. (2015). A Nurse Consultant’s Prescription for Increasing Patient Satisfaction. Nurse Leader, 13(2), 69-73. doi:10.1016/j.mnl.2014.07.012
- Wasco, J. (2014). The Benefit of Belonging...Journal of the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare, 34 (3), 27.
- Wasco, J. (2014). Nurse Engagement in Professional Organizations Leads to...Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News, 4, 1.
- Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing, Registered Nurse
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Member
- Chi Zeta Chapter, Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Board Member & Webmaster
- Greater Pittsburgh Nursing Research Conference (GPNRC), Planning Committee Member & Webmaster
- UPMC Academic Partnership Council, Chatham University Representative
- Chatham University School of Health Sciences, Climate Change Focus Group, Member
- Allegheny Health Network (AHN),Bridging the Gap, Chatham University Representative
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), Member