Webinar: COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP)
On Wednesday, March 3rd at 12:00PM The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Center for Women's Entrepreneurship (CWE) will host an information session discussing the state grant and will try to field questions that applicants may have.
The $145M COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) has been approved and will begin accepting grant applications on 3/15. These are grants for up to $50,000.
A business is eligible for the grant if it has:
- A North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) designation within the Accommodation subsector (721) or Food Services and Drinking Places subsector (722) and where accommodations, food or drink is served to or provided for the public, with or without charge.
Fewer than 300 full-time equivalent employees. - A maximum tangible net worth of not more than $15 million. In operation on February 15, 2020 and remains in operation and does not intend to permanently cease operations within one year of the date of application.
- Has experienced an adverse economic impact due to COVID-19 that makes the grant request necessary to support the ongoing operations of the eligible applicant.
- A reduction in gross receipts of 25% or more for the period beginning after March 31, 2020, and ending before December 31, 2020, in comparison to the same period in 2019.
Priority will be given to applicants that:
- Have not received a loan or grant issued under the authority of the Commonwealth or the Commonwealth's political subdivisions or by the federal government;
- Were subject to closure by the Governor’s disaster declaration related to COVID-19;
- Can demonstrate a reduction in gross receipts of at least 50% for the period beginning after March 31, 2020 and ending before December 31, 2020, in comparison to the same period in 2019.
- If the eligible applicant was not in operation during the entire comparison period, but was in operation on February 15, 2020, a monthly average reduction in gross receipts of 50 % or more for the period beginning after March 31, 2020, and ending before December 31, 2020, in comparison to the period beginning after January 1, 2020, and ending before April 1, 2020.
Sign up for CHIRP application updates from Allegheny County HERE.
To register for the Webinar, CLICK HERE!
Registration and Directions
Fee : Free
Location : Online, Zoom
Event Contact Information