Chatham University Women's Institute
Chatham University faculty are key partners in the Women's Institute. Here are some of the ways our faculty are involved:
Click here to see a list of faculty affiliated with the Women's Institute through their teaching and scholarship.
- Writing retreats to support faculty research.
- Connections to other scholars and programs through the Pittsburgh Gender Scholars Consortium, coordinated by the Women’s Institute.
- Annual gender scholars symposium.
- Visiting Scholars program to support colleagues in residence on our campus for one or two semesters.
We are available to provide consultation on issues of gender equity in the classroom and beyond. The Institute will also support professional development and provide resources related to gender and co-educational pedagogical practices.
- 14 Evidence Based Teaching Strategies to Create Productive and Inclusive Classroom Climate and Address Implicit Bias
- Understanding Sex Gender and Sexual Identity
- Checklist of Assumptions that Can Impact Motivation, Learning and Performance
- Establishing Ground Rules for Interaction
- Managing Hot Moments in the Classroom