Welcome to the Women's Institute - a place for all Chatham students!
Chatham University has a long and proud history of innovative education meeting the changing needs of students. The Women's Institute continues our historic commitment to advancing the causes of women's leadership, empowerment, and gender equity. Our programs and initiatives build on the past, maintaining our distinctive traditions and values, while helping students become the social change makers of the future. Join us:
In the classroom...
In the residence halls...
- Priority housing for participants in the Women's Leadership Living Learning Community (LLC) in Laughlin Hall.
- Women's Leadership LLC programming open to all students.
- Sponsorship of films, lectures, and artists on campus (if you have an event idea and would like some support, please come talk to us!).
- Public events, such as the Hollander Lecture in Women’s Leadership celebrating major national women leaders.
- Free programs for Chatham students offered through our affiliated centers: the Center for Women's Entrepreneurshipand the Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics.
- Awards and scholarships for women's leadership such as the Hollander Student Award and the Heffer Family Scholarship.
In the community...
- Internship opportunities in organizations promoting women's leadership and gender equality.
- Information about gender-related events around Pittsburgh open to students.
- Connections to alumnae/i and other mentors.
In related student organizations...
- Chatham Feminist Coalition
- Girl Up, an affiliate of the United Nations campaign
- Her Campus
- Queer Straight Alliance (QSA)