Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Design Admission Requirements
Recommended application deadline for FALL entry: July 1
Recommended application deadline for SPRING entry: November 1
Note: applications will continue to be accepted and considered for admission as long as seats remain in the class.
- Possession of a B.A. or B.S. degree in Media Arts, Graphic Design, Photography, Film, Visual Arts, Communication, or a closely-related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. (Probationary admission may be granted for applicants with a GPA of less than a 3.0 who show extreme promise through their other achievements.)
- Completed application for admission, including:
- Online application
- One to two page essay detailing your reasons for wanting to pursue a master's degree in interdisciplinary design. Please also indicate if you have proficiency in each of the individual software applications: photoshop, illustrator, indesign, dreamweaver.
- Curriculum vita or resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Portfolio or other examples of your work in various forms of media; please provide a wide array of two-dimensional works: drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, graphics, etc.
Admissions Materials may be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Fax: (412) 365-1609
Integrated Degree Program
Chatham University undergraduates applying through the Integrated Degree Program (IDP) must complete all requirements outlined on their respective admission or track tab on the IDP Portal Site. All IDP applicants should work closely with their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all requirements according to their IDP course of study.