Project Case Studies
Thinking of doing a sustainable PBL with your students and not sure where to start?
Challenge your students to identify projects they can tackle within your school, in their wider community or even up at Eden Hall.
Driving Question Ideas
- How might we help make our community more sustainable?
- How might we use examples from natural systems to improve human-made systems (agriculture, construction, engineering, etc.)?
- How might we support community health and well-being through our food choices?
- How might we support the health of our watershed?
- How might we use data to inform community decision-making?
- How do environmental conditions influence human endeavors?
- How might we address water availability issues through our agricultural practices?
- How might we address food insecurity issues?
- How might we use design to create a happier and healthier society?
Specific Student Project Ideas
- Make a commitment to making your school or community more sustainable. Create action items, lead an awareness campaign, apply for a grant, take action and track progress. This may include:
- Improving local watershed health
- Reducing water use
- Reducing energy use
- Growing your own food and/or managing soil health
- Improving waste management practices
- Increasing seasonal food awareness
- Supporting pollinators and stormwater infiltration through landscaping
- Researching healthy construction materials for a renovation project
- Addressing local or state building codes that make green building practices prohibitive
…and so much more! See our Resources page for more information on green building, sustainable school and community assessments.
- Produce a film, podcast, app, art installation, sign or demo that shows how a system at Eden Hall functions. We will make digital resources you develop publicly available on our website. If you are interested in helping Eden Hall to construct signage, demos or other physical projects, please let us know so we can plan to integrate them into the campus long-term.
- Participate in the SchoolsNEXT Design Competition