Counseling Psychology (MSCP) Faculty and Staff
Deanna Hamilton Ph.D.
Joined Chatham : 2006
Academic Areas of Interest
Positive Psychology, Psychological Well-Being, Innovative Teaching
Personal Areas of Interest
Running, Raising my dog, Spending time with friends
- BA, Psychology & English Literature, Northwestern University (Evanston, IL), June 1997
- MA, Clinical Developmental Psychology, Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA), May 2001
- PhD, Clinical Developmental Psychology, Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA), May 2005
- Loughran, M.J., Hamilton, D., McGinley, M., & Downey, P.A. Motivations and perceived benefits of marathoning. (Athletic Insight). Accepted April 2012
- Mannarino, MB., Loughran, MJ., & Hamilton, D. (2009). The Professional Counselor and the Diagnostic Process: Challenges and Opportunities for Education and Training. VISTAS Online.
- The Effects of Changing Contexts on Return of Fear Following Exposure Treatment for Spider Fear. (1999) Mineka, S., Mystkowski, J., Hladek, D, Rodriguez, B
- Pepitone Graduate Research Fellowship, Bryn Mawr College May 2002
- Graduate Summer Research Fellowship, Bryn Mawr College May 2003
- Doris Sill Carland Award for Teaching Excellence, Bryn Mawr College May 2004
- Member, International Positive Psychology Association
- Member, Eastern Psychological Association
- Member, Society for Research in Child Development
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Isacco, A.J., Sahker, E., St. Jean, M., Pizzuto, J., Mannarino, MB., Hamilton, D., Sim, W., & Frawley-O’Dea, MG. (2012). Toward a holistic understanding of Catholic Priests’ health and wellness. Conversation Hour at the annual convention of the American Psychological Association, Orlando, FL.
- Hamilton, D., Simpson, C., Brinkman, B., McNaugher, H., Loughran, MJ. (March 2012). The impact of single-sex colleges on women’s development across the lifespan. Paper presented at the annual conference of the Association for Women in Psychology, Palm Springs, CA.
- Hamilton, D. (March 2009). The use of popular culture to teach psychological concepts: Harry Potter and adolescent development. In M.L. Stubbs (Chair), Collaboration and creativity in psychology education: From chaos to clarity. Workshop presented at the annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA.