Food & Climate Change Conference
Saturday, October 14, 2017
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Esther Barazzone Center, Chatham University Eden Hall Campus
Cost: Free and open to the public. Registration required.
Join the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment for a conference exploring the intersections between food and climate change!
- Frances Moore Lappé, author of Diet for a Small Planet, 17 additional books, and Right Livelihood Award recipient
- Julie Guthman, author of Agrarian Dreams, Weighing In and 2017 Guggenheim Fellow
- An interactive climate change demo from the experts at Data Cuisine
- An exhibit featuring artist Joy Kreves’ contemporary poetic landscapes
- Panelists from Pittsburgh and beyond, including local farmers, nonprofit organizations and research scientists
- An interactive tour of Eden Hall
- Poster presentations from our Food Studies & Sustainability master's degree candidates
- A hyper-local sustainable lunch, sourced from our on-campus farm
Event Contact InformationJessica Canose