Following the announcement in June 2015 of Dr. Barazzone's retirement in the summer of 2016, the Board of Trustees formed a Presidential Transition Committee to initiate the search process. Members of this committee included Jennifer Potter, current Chair of the Board; and Trustees Sigo Falk, Murray Rust, Jane Burger '66 and Jane Murphy, PhD '68. Mrs. Burger and Dr. Murphy were appointed co-chairs of the Presidential Search Committee.
Presidential Search Committee
The Presidential Search Committee is charged with recommending to the Board one to three fully qualified candidates for the position of President of the University. Membership includes representatives of the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, current students and alumnae/i. The final committee includes the following individuals:
- Jane Burger '66, Trustee and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Jane Murphy, PhD '68, Trustee and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Brooks Broadhurst, Trustee
- Sigo Falk, Trustee, Past President of the Board of Trustees
- David Fraser, PhD, Assistant Professor, Biology
- Evelyn Freeman, PhD '70, Trustee, President of the Alumni Association
- Frank Greco, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
- Sarah Jugovic, President of Chatham Student Government
- Alice Julier, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Food Studies
- Mary Beth Mannarino, PhD, Associate Professor, Graduate Psychology Programs
- Kent McElhattan, Trustee
- Jennifer Potter '66, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- S. Murray Rust III, Trustee, Past President of the Board of Trustees
- Joyce Salls, OTD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Director of Occupational Therapy
- Bonnie VanKirk '81, Trustee
- Avery Walker, Counseling Psychology Doctoral Student
As the search for Chatham's 19th President goes forward, the Board of Trustees believe that these representatives of Chatham's community will bring important insights into the qualities that our next leader needs.
Search Firm & Community Feedback Opportunities
In the summer of 2015, the Presidential Transition Committee developed a Request for Proposal to prospective executive search firms. Following an extensive review and interviews with representatives of four firms, Spencer Stuart, one of the world's leading executive search firms, was selected to lead the search. The Board is pleased to have such an experienced and well-respected firm overseeing our effort.
Spencer Stuart will be on campus on September 14th and 15th to meet with key stakeholders and receive information about the opportunities and challenges that the university and its new leader will face in the coming years. These meetings provide a forum for everyone to express their views. Spencer Stuart will synthesize the wide-ranging feedback they receive into a position profile. The profile will be an important recruiting tool providing prospective candidates with vital information and insights about Chatham and the position.
If you cannot attend these meetings and/or would like to provide additional feedback, please visit our feedback form to provide your input to Spencer Stuart.
If you wish to recommend an individual for the position of President of Chatham University, please send the name directly to Spencer Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominations are confidential.
Timing and Key Milestones
|August 1, 2015||Selection and Announcement of Search Firm|
|August 17, 2015||Selection and Announcement of Presidential Search Committee|
|September 14 & 15, 2015||Spencer Stuart Campus Visits|
|Faculty||Sept. 14: 12:10–1 PM and Sept. 15: 11:45 AM–12:30 PM|
|Staff & Administration||Sept. 14: 1:10–2 PM and Sept. 15: 11:45 AM–12:30 PM|
|Students||Sept. 14: 12:10–1 PM and 4:10–5 PM|
|Alumnae/i||Sept. 15: 2:45–3:45 PM and 5–6 PM|