Proposal Process: Essential Information to Know Before Submitting
Ensuring alignment with submission requirements and guidelines will positively affect the quality of your proposal. Before submitting your proposal, be sure you have completed all of the following information:
- Required Elements of Proposal
- Title of presentation
- Session type
- Session plan – to be uploaded as a Word or PDF document. Should include:
- 100-word abstract
- Minimum of three objectives explaining what attendees will be able to do after your session
- Session outline. Be sure to include how you plan to address foundational learning principles and specific activities you will lead to keep the audience engaged.
- Learning environment (class size, traditional face to face, and/or online teaching)
- Research that supports the efficacy or examination of your main points
- Any specific multimedia needs
- Interest in alternative session format
- Contact information
- Co-presenter(s) contact information
- Alignment of Submission. Refer to the session type as shown on the session type page for additional information.
- Review the Selection Criteria. Presentations are selected according to ratings in five major categories outlined on the criteria rubric.
- Connection to Teaching and Learning Theory, Practice, and/or Research
- Relevance to the Conference Theme
- Applicability Across Institutions, Disciplines, and Courses of Various Sizes
- Audience Appeal and Significance to Teaching and Learning
- Interactivity and Engaging Elements
- Plan for Active Engagement. Include active engagement methodology during presentations to encourage audience/participants to ask questions.
NOTE: Each individual is limited to no more than three (3) submissions, including the roles of presenter or co-presenter.
Timeline of Important Dates:
- Proposals due by 11:59pm ET November 1, 2019
- Notification of acceptance by December 13, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to accept is December 20, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to register is February 7, 2020
- Final presentation upload date is March 20, 2020
Notifications are sent to all presenters listed on each submission. All submissions are sent notification emails, regardless of acceptance status.