Pathways to Nursing Admission Requirements
Applications for admission to the Chatham University Pathways to Nursing Program must include:
- The Chatham University online or paper application
- The supplemental UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing application
- An essay describing "What does nursing mean to you?" (300-350 words)
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation
- High School transcripts showing graduation date and 2 years of science with related lab coursework
- Post-secondary Education: all transcripts must be submitted
- TEAS test score of "proficient" or higher. Offered by ATI at https://atitesting.com/Home.aspx and required for admission to Shadyside School of Nursing
- Chatham offers a Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation Course for students hoping to improve upon their math, science, reading and vocabulary skills prior to taking the TEAS exam
Pathways to Nursing application deadline: June 1st
If accepted for admission, the candidate will receive a written offer of acceptance. To reserve a space in the incoming class, the candidate must acknowledge acceptance in writing per the letter offering admission to the school.
Post-Acceptance Information Session/New Student Orientation
Attendance at a post-acceptance information session/new student orientation is required once the offer of admission has been accepted. Topics covered at these sessions include: academic schedules, photo ID cards, and compliance requirements.