The Elsie Hillman Prize
Call for Proposals 2017
Deadline: February 1, 2017
This annual competition is designed to encourage and reward scholars embarking on significant research in the area of women and politics. Proposals are blind-reviewed by a committee of PCWP faculty and administration. The prize includes a $1,000 cash award for the project selected. Honorable mention prizes of $275 per project may also be awarded. Research projects submitted for prize consideration may address any topic related to women and politics. Scholars at any level, including graduate students and junior faculty members, may apply.
To be considered for the 2017 prize, applicants should submit the following materials as a single PDF to email@example.com, by February 1, 2017:
- Biographical statement for author(s) (one page or less for each author)
- Project description (5-10 pages, double spaced, 12-point font):
- Proposal title
- 150-200 word abstract summarizing its purpose and content
- Discussion of relevant theory, contributions to literature in the field and methodology; other relevant information may also be included
- Statement and itemized budget describing how the Elsie Hillman Prize will contribute to the research project
- Timetable for completion of the project, including expectation for submitting a summary of finding report to PCWP
- Bibliography (not part of the 5-10 page limit)
As proposals are blind-reviewed, do not include author names in the project description.
Selection of winning proposals will be made by March 15, 2017. Winners will be recognized as a part of the annual Elsie Hillman Chair Event at Chatham University. For more information, contact Dr. Jennie Sweet-Cushman at firstname.lastname@example.org.