Scholarships & Fellowships

Some programs offer scholarships and fellowships that offset, completely or partially, the cost of tuition. These scholarships are competitive and may or may not come with associated duties. 

Falk School of Sustainability Scholarship Opportunities 

The following scholarships are available on a competitive basis to students applying to the Falk School graduate programs for full-time enrollment:   

Full Scholarship (three offered) 

Covers 42 credits of tuition 

2023-24 value = $45,738 

Partial Scholarship (six offered) 

Covers 21 credits of tuition 

2023-24 value = $22,869

Selection for these awards will be based on materials submitted with the student’s admission application. No additional application form is required. The priority application deadline for scholarships in the Falk School is February 1. Scholarship award recipients will be notified by mid-March.

MFA in Creative Writing Full-Tuition Scholarship

Margaret Lehr Whitford MFA ’07 Fellowship in Writing 
This Fellowship carries a full-tuition remission for two years. The Whitford Fellow is responsible, with the Fellow from the previous year, for coordinating the Word Circus reading series – a monthly reading series which features four MFA students followed by an open mic. Additionally, this individual will serve as a liaison between the students and faculty. Note: this is a full tuition award. 

Robert Hull Mansell Endowed Fellowship in Poetry

This $2500 award will provide recognition and financial assistance to an incoming, full-time Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing student with a genre focus in poetry who has financial need and a GPA of a 3.5 or greater.

Note: Students who receive a scholarship will not be eligible for any other Graduate Assistantship, tuition remission program, or reduced tuition rates offered by the University. However, a student may hold both a scholarship and an on-campus employment position, with total work hours not to exceed 19 per week.

For questions about your eligibility, please contact your admission counselor.