Deanna Hamilton, Ph.D.
Program Director of Graduate Psychology
Joined Chatham: 2006
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Positive Psychology, Psychological Well-Being, Innovative Teaching
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Running, Raising my dog, Spending time with friends
- BA, Psychology & English Literature, Northwestern University (Evanston, IL), June 1997
- MA, Clinical Developmental Psychology, Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA), May 2001
- PhD, Clinical Developmental Psychology, Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA), May 2005
- Chatham University Buhl Professorship, 2019
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Educator Award, Chatham University 2018
- 40 Under 40 Professors Who Inspire, NerdWallet 2015
- Faculty Technology Fellow, Chatham University 2015-2017
- Association for Women in Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association
- Novalis, S. & Hamilton, D. (Spring 2020). Suicide Awareness and Prevention for Occupational Therapy Practitioners. Course book created for CE credits. Elite Professional Education (formerly Western Schools).
- Hamilton, D. (2019). Counseling Collegiate Student-Athletes: Developmental Considerations. In MJ Loughran (Ed.), Counseling and Psychological Services for College Student-Athletes (p. 15-31). Morgantown, WV: Fit Publishing.
- Isacco, A., Sahker, E., Krinock, E., Sim, W., & Hamilton, D. (2016). How Religious Beliefs and Practices Influence the Psychological Health of Catholic Priests. American Journal of Men’s Health, 10, 325-337.
- Goreczny, A., Hamilton, D., Lubinski, L., & Pasquinelli, M. (2015). Development of counselor self-efficacy across graduate training. The Clinical Supervisor, 34(1), 78-97.
- Loughran, M. J., Hamilton, D., & Magistro, C. (2014). Psychology ethics education in a peer-facilitated laboratory setting. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 8(4), 285-291.
- Brinkman, B., Hamilton, D., Brinkman, K., Meade, K., & Deal, M. (March 2020). Teachers’ perceptions of girls’ experiences of discrimination in schools. Symposium Presentation at the annual conference of the Association for Women in Psychology, Austin, TX.
- Brinkman, B. Hamilton, D., Brinkman, K. (Feb 2019). Constructing “Dangerous” Bodies: Dress Codes and the Sexualization of Girls. Paper presented at the annual conference of the International Girls Studies Association, Notre Dame, IN.
- Brinkman, B., Brinkman, K., & Hamilton, D. (Dec 2018). Hate Speech Protected as Free Speech: Barriers to Gender Equity in Schools. Paper presented at the annual conference of the Gender and Education Association, New Castle, Australia.
- Yurish, L., Hamilton, D., & Deal, M. (March 2018). An Examination of the Relationship between Athletic Identity and Well-Being in Division III Female Athletes. Poster presented at the annual conference of the Association for Women in Psychology, Philadelphia, PA.