Laura Huth, EdD, MOT, OTR/L
Hometown: Plum, PA
Joined Chatham: July 2023
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Leadership, Mental Health across the lifespan, Memory Care, Aging in place, Seating and Positioning, Assistive Technology, and Accessibility.
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Spending time with my husband and our 4 children, planning parties, church, photography, boating, and community service.
Dr. Huth earned her BA in Psychology from Duquesne University, her Master of Occupational Therapy from Chatham (College) University, and her EdD in Leadership and Administration from Point Park University. She has worked in a variety of settings including acute care, outpatient, long term care, and home health. She has taken on many clinical roles, including staff therapist, Rehab manager, and float therapist in full time, part time and prn positions. Dr. Huth began her academic career as a lab assistant and adjunct faculty in Chatham’s MOT program.
- EdD in Leadership and Administration, Point Park University, 2021
- MOT, Chatham University, 2000
- BA in Psychology, 1998
- National Board Certification of Occupational Therapy
- Second Winds Dreams Virtual Dementia Tour Certified Trainer
- Alzheimer’s Association Community Educator
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association
- Schreiber, J., Delbert, T., & Huth, L. (2020). High Fidelity Simulation with Peer Debriefing: Influence of Student Observation and Participation Roles on Student Perception of Confidence with Learning and Feedback. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (2).