Michelle Doas, Ed,D., MSN, BSN, RN
Associate Professor of Nursing
Coolidge - 235A
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham: 2007
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Medical-surgical nursing, Cardio-thoracic nursing, and nursing in the Long Term Care (LTC) setting.
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Spending time with my cocker spaniels, cooking, and community volunteer work.
20 years nursing education experience in all entry level nursing programs. Clinically current in adult medical-surgical nursing. Research interests include: critical thinking, adult literacy, and reminiscence therapy.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- Outstanding Young Women of America
- Community Development Corporation/City of Pittsburgh/Vice-President (Spring 2008)
- PA Nurses Association
- Southwestern PA Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Business Faculty Search Committee Member/Spring 2008
- Poster Presentation/UPMC Patient and Family Centered Care Conference: Lessons to be Learned from Other Service Industries: Disney & Games, Feb. 2008
- Doas, M. (1990). Effects of Relaxation Therapy on Post-Operative Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Patients. West Penn Hospital Research Day.
- Doas, M. (1991). Motivational Orientations of RN-BSN Students versus Associate Degree Student Nurses. West Penn Hospital Research Day.
- Doas, M. (1992). Writing Seminar for Nursing Students. Clarion University RN-BSN students.
- Doas. M. (1992). Motivating Nurses to Conduct Research. West Penn Hospital Research Day.
- Doas, M. (1993). Injecting Humor and Laughter in the Workplace. National Orthopedic Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Doas, M. (1994). Charting Shortcuts can Precipitate a Loss of Research Data. Clarion University Sigma Theta Tau Research Day.
- Doas. M. (1997) Assessment of Critical Thinking Skills in Nurses. Slippery Rock University Sigma Theta Tau Research Day.
- Doas, M. (1999). Cultivating Critical Thinking Skills Through the Use of Mind Mapping. International Wellness Conference, University of South Carolina.
- Doas, M. (2000). Concept Mapping. Eighth Annual Conference on Advancing Teaching in College Classrooms, State College, Pennsylvania.
- Doas, M. (2001, 2006). Safe and Effective Food Handling. Environmental Science Class, CCAC.
- Doas, M. (2002). Assessment of Critical Thinking Skills. Sigma Theta Tau, LaRoche College.
- Doas, M. (2003) Why should you pursue a career in Nursing? Health Careers Club, Burgettstown Senior High School.
- Doas, M. (2006). The Role of the Professional Nurse in Today's Society. CCAC Senior Orientation Symposium.
- Doas, M. (2007) Enhancing Effective Communication in the Clinical Setting. CCAC All College Day.
- Doas, M. "Professional Nursing Opportunities". CCAC Freshman Nursing Orientation, Sept. 2007.
- Doas, M. "Obtaining Customer Satisfaction in Hospitality Areas & Health Care, Is It Really That Different?" UPMC Conference, Feb. 2008