Master of Arts in Food Studies (MA) Admission Requirements
The following are requirements of admission to the Master of Food Studies program:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with less than a 3.0 who show extreme promise through other achievements may be granted conditional admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation preferably from an academic source
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Personal statement -- both stating your experiences and interests in food, sustainability and/or agriculture and your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree
- Additional writing sample submission encouraged but optional
- Completed Application Form, which can be found at http://apply.chatham.edu/graduate.
- Priority Deadline for Fall - February 1 (all application materials must be received by this date for first consideration of fellowships/assistantships)
- Regular Application Deadline for Fall - June 15
- Regular Application Deadline for Spring - November 1
Integrated Degree Program
Chatham University undergraduates applying through the Integrated Degree Program (IDP) must complete all requirements outlined on their respective admission or track tab on the IDP Portal Site. All IDP applicants should work closely with their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all requirements according to their IDP course of study.