International Edible Book Festival
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
JKM Library: Lobby
Join us in the JKM Library for Chatham's 6th celebration of The International Edible Book Festival sponsored by the JKM Library and the Food Studies Program. According to the official website (www.books2eat.com), “This festival is a celebration of the ingestion of culture and a way to concretely share a book; it is also a deeper reflection on our attachment to food and our cultural differences.”
What's an edible book? It's up to your interpretation! It could be a cake shaped like a book, food that was described/consumed within a book, a pun on a book's title, or anything else you can come up with!
Schedule of events:
4:30 - 4:45: Books on display only.
4:45 - 5:30: Edible book tasting (Vote for your favorite for the Most Popular Votes prize by 5pm!)
5:15: Prizewinning edible books will be announced.
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
1) Grand Prize (based on overall taste, presentation and creativity)
2) Most Creative Literary Interpretation
3) Best Tasting
4) Most Sustainable
5) Most Popular Vote
Rules for those submitting edible books:
1) Register on myChatham to submit an edible book.
2) All edible book entries must be "bookish" through the integration of text, literary inspiration or, quite simply, the form.
3) Your “books” will be consumed, so please list all ingredients for those with food allergies. Also, if you’re attempting to win the “Most Sustainable” prize, be sure to list all sustainable elements, such as local, organic, fair trade, net zero energy use, or recycled.
4) Please bring a serving utensil for your dish.
5) All books must be dropped off in the library lobby between 3:30pm and 4:15 on Wednesday, March 29th.
6) If at all possible, please include a separate sample of your book for judge taste testing (approx. 4 judges).
RegistrationFee : FREE
Registration has closed. Please contact Kate Wenger at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
JKM Library: Lobby