Le Ann Schackow, OTD, OTR CBIS
Hometown: Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Chatham: 2020
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Evidence-based practice, Traumatic Brain Injury, Acute Care Occupational Therapy Interventions, Caregiver Self-Efficacy
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Cooking, yoga, travelling, spending time with family
LeAnn is an occupational therapist specializing in neurological rehabilitation in the acute care setting. She earned her Bachelor of Allied Health Science in occupational therapy from Indiana University at Indianapolis in 1999. She became a certified brain injury specialist through the American Brain Injury Association in 2005 and received her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy from Chatham University in 2018. LeAnn is passionate about the traumatic brain injury population and has spent the majority of her career working in inpatient rehabilitation and the acute care hospital setting. She holds a certification for ASIA scoring through the American Spinal Injury Association. LeAnn also has previous experience with guest lecturing and adjunct teaching at Huntington University. In addition to currently teaching at Chatham, LeAnn works as an acute care occupational therapist at Parkview Regional Medical Center on the surgical trauma intensive care unit.
- Doctorate of Occupational Therapy, Chatham University, 2018
- Bachelor of Allied Health Science, Occupational Therapy, Indiana University at Indianapolis, 1999
- Member American Occupational Therapy Association
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist
- Schackow, L., & Lape, J.E. (2019). Mild brain injury education: Preparing the caregiver. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 26(3), 1-11.
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (since 1999)
- Schackow, L. (2018, October 30). Implementing the OT practice framework in evaluations and treatments, Guest Lecture, Huntington University, Huntington, IN.
- Schackow, L. (2019, May 3rd). Traumatic brain injury, Guest Lecture, Huntington University, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Schackow, L. (2019, November 7). Spinal cord injury: ASIA scoring, Guest Lecture, Huntington University, Fort Wayne, IN
- Schackow, L. (2019, September 25). Spinal cord injury: An occupational therapy perspective. Professional Presentation, Indiana Occupational Therapy Association Quarterly Meeting, Fort Wayne, IN.